1) Acceptance of Order: Placing an order, paying a deposit, or paying funds to Canalside Interiors implies that the customer has agreed to all of Canalside Interiors’ terms and conditions.
2) Payment: All items remain the property of Canalside Interiors until Payment has been received in full. Funds must be cleared or deposited into the nominated Canalside Interiors’ bank account for Payment to be confirmed. Canalside Interiors requires a 50% deposit on all orders, and Payment in full before any items are dispatched. Payment includes any charges for freight.
3) Title: Canalside Interiors remains the owner of the product/s until Payment is made in full to Canalside Interiors.
4) Risk and Liability: Canalside Interiors is not liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising in any way in relation to the product/s or use of them – this includes shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse. Canalside Interiors’ liability is limited to repair, replacement or credit of product/s completely at Canalside Interiors’ discretion and this shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the product/s. Repair to a product/s by anyone other than Canalside Interiors or its agent voids any of Canalside Interiors’ liability.
5) Return of Goods: Canalside Interiors does not allow the return of goods unless purchased from our online store using online terms and conditions. If for any reason specific products have been arranged to be returned at the discretion of Canalside Interiors, returned goods may be subject to a 25% re-stocking fee, and will only be accepted if returned in their original condition and inside original packaging, with all documentation. If the returned item has been used in any way, no return will be accepted and no credit will be issued.
All returms are strictly at customer's expense.
6) Refunds: Canalside Interiors does not offer refunds unless previously arranged and approved by Canalside Interiors.
7) Custom Orders: Custom orders, such as specific sizes and styles of products manufactured or ordered to customer specifications, are not returnable due to incorrect ordering by the customer. If products are made to customer specifications and issues arise due to customer design and specifications, Canalside Interiors takes no responsibility to repair or replace the product. In the event that Canalside Interiors agrees, at its discretion, to carry out any additional work on a specific custom item, Canalside Interiors will charge for this additional work.
8) Cancellations: Cancellation of orders is only permitted if a cancellation notice is received by Canalside Interiors, in writing, before the manufacturing of the item has commenced. If the manufacturing has commenced, the purchaser will be responsible to take delivery for the item(s) and make full Payment to Canalside Interiors. If the customer refuses to accept goods, any Payments already made by the customer will be forfeited and Canalside Interiors may recover funds outstanding.
9) Delivery Dates: Items in stock will be available for delivery when carrier is arrange, Items manufactured are made to order, and delivery takes between 4 to 8 weeks. All delivery dates are approximates only. Canalside Interiors will use its best endeavours to deliver all goods in a timely manner.
10) Delivery: Canalside Interiors uses third party carriers/delivery drivers. Canalside Interiors takes no responsibility for the actions of third party carriers/delivery drivers. Canalside Interiors takes no Responsibility for damage caused to private or public property during delivery and cannot be held liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising in any way in relation to delivery. Insurance for goods in transit is not included in the purchase price.
11) Size Constraints: It is the customer’s responsibility to check that ordered items will fit into the required space. Canalside Interiors takes no responsibility for products that do not fit due to space constraints for example doorways, hallways, around corners, lifts etc. Canalside Interiors will not accept returns due to these issues.
12) Risk and Liability: Canalside Interiors is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage arising in any way in relation to the product/s or use of them – this includes shipment, handling, storage, accident, abuse or misuse. Canalside Interiors’ liability is limited to repair, replacement or credit at the sole discretion of Canalside Interiors. This shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the product/s. Repair to a product/s by any person other than Canalside Interiors or its agent voids any of Canalside Interiors’ liability.
13) Regulations: Canalside Interiors, its staff and/or representatives takes no responsibility for checking with or complying with any regulations (local council, or any other regulatory authority) in regards to compliance and use of products sold by Canalside Interiors. It is the customer’s responsibility before an order is placed to ensure the products meet, but are not limited to, legal, regulatory and safety requirements.
14) Damaged Goods: If a delivered item received is damaged or faulty in any way, you must immediately contact and notify Canalside Interiors. This can be done by phone, fax or email. All documentation, including invoices, delivery dockets and consignment notes must be retained. If documentation is missing, Canalside Interiors reserves the right to not rectify the problem, as claims might need to be made against freight carriers. Canalside Interiors may ask the customer to complete a damaged goods/warranty form which might include forwarding photographs to Canalside Interiors.
15) Warranty: Some products are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. Some of the warranties are listed on the website. If no warranty is shown, please contact Canalside Interiors to receive the information for each individual product. Canalside Interiors does not imply at any point that warranty or repairs are an on-site service. Most items are ‘back to base’ warranty. If a product is out of warranty, customers are liable to pay for expenses incurred after the expiration date. If at Canalside Interiors or other manufacturer’s discretion an item is to be repaired, returned or replaced, Canalside Interiors or the manufacturer does not always provide on-site service, or return delivery service. For all returns, including repairs, the product may have to be returned to Canalside Interiors’ warehouse in Alexandria at the customer’s cost with valid documentation. Repairs or replacement will be made, if, in the judgment of Canalside Interiors or the manufacturer, there are manufacturer defects in materials, workmanship and finish under normal use excluding damage resulting from transport or handling, product misuse, improper installation, product modifications or product neglect, accident, or other causes not arising from defects in materials or workmanship.
16) Materials: If products are to be manufactured to customer’s specifications, Canalside Interiors advises that the supply of goods is dependant on the supply of raw materials and the availability of same. Canalside Interiors makes no express promise in regards to availability of products and takes no responsibility for delayed delivery or material quality.
17) Information: Canalside Interiors reserves the right to withdraw products offered at any time. All design concepts, estimates, invoices and pricing by Canalside Interiors are confidential and must not be shown to parties not directly related to this project without a written agreement form. Please note that whilst every effort is made to ensure that information given by Canalside Interiors is correct, Canalside Interiors does not take responsibility for errors and omissions in information given.
18) Default in Payment: The customer agrees that if the customer has not made a Payment, or Canalside Interiors reasonably believes the customer will not pay for the product/s in accordance with these terms and conditions:
a) the customer must reimburse Canalside Interiors for all reasonable costs and expenses incurred by Canalside Interiors in relation to the outstanding debt and chasing payment of it; and
b) Canalside Interiors reserves the right to recovery in the event of non-payment and can enter the customer’s premises and take possession of the product/s.
19) Assembly or Installations: If assembly or installation work is to be carried out, we will carry out any works described in the quote. If additional works not described in the quote are found to be necessary during the course of the installation, these works will be quoted for separately and only carried out with the Customer’s permission. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that, prior to the installation works starting area is prepared for installation, for example, it is the customers responsibility to make sure all furniture is removed from the area of the installation and if necessary, any carpet in the installation area is rolled back. Removal of any pre-existing unit or old fixtures may cause some damage to surrounding areas. The agreed price does not cover ‘making good’. Neither does it cover painting, decorating, fitting skirting board, tiling or cutting and fitting carpet, etc. unless specifically stated in the quote.
20) Promotional Information: Canalside Interiors intermittently sends out a promotional newsletter via electronic format to its valued Customers. Your use of the Website indicates that you have read and accepted our Terms and Conditions. Making an enquiry on our website or in-store automatically subscribes you to our newsletter. Your information is held by us strictly for promotional purposes, to contact you about sales, special offers, new arrivals etc. and is not distributed to third parties outside of Canalside Interiors. You may at any time elect to unsubscribe or opt out by contacting Canalside Interiors.